One of the more complex challenges facing healthcare leaders across the country is balancing effort between providing exceptional care to patients while performing administrative tasks efficiently and effectively. Whenever providers spend more time performing administrative functions than caring for the patient, patient satisfaction and care outcomes often take a negative hit.
Recognizing this issue, forward thinking hospitals invest in innovative software designed to help reduce time-consuming administrative functions thereby enabling staff to work more efficiently. By offloading manual and redundant workflows, providers can focus on what really matters: taking care of the patient.
Vyne Medical works with more than 800 hospitals and health systems to drive financial performance, productivity and efficiency, all while helping to improve the patient experience. As companies continue adopt consumer-centric approaches, patients are also expecting the same from their healthcare providers.
A question patients are asked during Press Ganey satisfaction surveys relates to the amount of time they spent waiting to be seen. If the wait time for one patient pushes past their appointment slot, every appointment thereafter can be affected, leaving doctors to decide how to make up the lost time with each patient. Reducing the likelihood of appointments overlapping, shortening visits, and improving process automation and efficiency can reduce these wait times and have a direct and positive impact patient satisfaction.
In a recent survey, Vyne Medical found that more than half our Trace® platform users surveyed eliminated 12+ hours of work per week while others reported eliminating up to 25 hours of work per week using our solutions to streamline their processes. That translates to hundreds of hours per year that healthcare workers can reinvest in patient care instead of redundant manual work. A few real-world client examples:
- Mercy Medical Center in Ohio reduced the time needed to complete patient charts from 4 hours down to 30 minutes as a result of implementing Trace.
- Community Health Network leverages Trace to work accounts faster with fewer manual touches and less rework between departments. The denial management team completes reviews in a timelier manner, leading to faster discharges and reduced length of stay. Initial plans to hire 5 additional RNs became unnecessary because of efficiencies gained with centralized access to care management data.
Vyne Medical’s newest solution, Auto-indexing, can help to drive time savings and productivity enhancements by accurately transforming documents and unstructured patient information into structured, shareable data. By automating redundant, manual processes, staff can redirect their focus onto their patients. Combining the power of Auto-indexing with the optimized digital workflows within Trace, clients can expect a significant return on their time. A few notable outcomes from our clients include:
- Accuracy: 96 percent accuracy rate for data indexed
- Time Savings: Saves 50 percent (4 hrs) of a reconciler’s business day
- Productivity: Reduced backlog of open orders (not yet scheduled) from a month to one week
- Revenue Growth: Schedulers use time to actualize revenue by calling patients to schedule additional procedures
- Cost Savings: Eliminated paid overtime as the backlog of unfinished work is resolved
Delivering healthcare workers and hospital leadership additional hours throughout the week has always been a focus for Vyne Medical, and this value has only been magnified with the financial setbacks that accompanied the COVID pandemic. Rolling out innovative solutions to help offset the overextended healthcare system, optimizing digital workflows and centralizing critical communication data empowers our clients to deliver the highest quality of care without sacrificing data integrity. What would you do with an additional 4 hours each day?