Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center, a 186-bed facility, needed to improve inter-departmental communications. With lots of training inaccuracies and patients claiming they were never told what they owed, Cypress had no way to prove their staff followed the right procedures when a payer or physician dispute occurred. Additionally, the medical center had inefficent processes of manually copying payer websites by hand and valuable time was wasted trying to track down answers to the “he said, she said” scenarios.
Trace by Vyne Medical was implemented to eliminate disputes by capturing all communications. Every interaction is now captured in some way that can be used for various purposes.
HOW TRACE IS USED
- Training tool for moments when staff claim they said one thing, but the recording shows something different.
- Efficiently capture payer’s web sites; with a click of a button an image of the web page is saved directly into Trace.
- Dispelling patient claims that they were never told what they owed. Staff can go to any computer in the hospital and pull up recordings showing when the patient was told what to pay.
- Saved staff frustration from a disgruntled employee at a doctor’s office who continually used unprofessional tactics.
“Trace helps ensure that we’re doing all the right things that make a positive patient experience happen.” -Tony Lovett, Director of Patient Access
BENEFITS OF TRACE
- Everything is stored in one place; time is no longer wasted researching what really happened
- No more inefficient, old-fashioned fax machines; all the information goes to Trace where it’s available so that anyone in the organization can pull it up at any time
- Captures productivity. Trace demonstrates staff productivity levels by logging the times each call is started and stopped throughout each shift.
- Eliminates hold time
- Provides 24/7 scheduling
- Impactful staff training as it allows management to play back both good and bad examples of customer service
- Improves behavior for all parties as a result of recording calls.
About Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center
- 186 licensed beds
- 9,451 average annual admissions
- 93,966 average annual outpatient tests
- 2,753 average annual deliveries
- 62 Patient Access Representatives
- 850 hospital employees
To connect with a Vyne Medical representative, click here.