The FastAttach software can help you manage Medicare claims, audits and appeals.
Electronic Medicare Pre and Post-Payment Audits and Level One Appeals
The FastAttach audit solution for Medicare pre and post-payment audits and appeals eliminates faxing and mailing audit responses and provides a more secure, timely way to respond to CMS approved Review Contractors.
Use the FastAttach service t save time and money as you eliminate manual processes for audit reviews and appeals. The FastAttach software enables you to create a more secure electronic envelope that contains all the requested medical documents required for audit review. You can then easily import documents using a variety of acquisition methods including scan, screen capture, file import, FastKapture® and a unique print capture method that enables you to capture documents from multiple programs with a “print” function. The FastAttach software accepts most file types and performs the necessary file conversion prior to routing the information electronically to the appropriate Review Contractor.
What is esMD?
Electronic Submission of Medical Documentation (esMD) is a program developed by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). The purpose of esMD is to enable providers to electronically respond to RAC, MAC, CERT, PERM, ZPIC, SMRC audits and Level One Appeals. Prior to esMD providers responded to requests for medical records by faxing or mailing the documentation to the Review Contractor.
To learn which Review Contractors accept esMD as a method of transmission, please visit cms.gov/ESMD.
Why use the FastAttach solution for esMD?
- Improved productivity: electronic document collection, storage and exchange improves staff productivity by reducing the time spent filling out forms, copying, mailing or faxing audit responses
- Reduced costs: esMD eliminates costs associated with manual, paper-based processes
- Decreased denials: electronic medical documentation speeds up response processes eliminating untimely record submission and rework requests
- Enhanced tracking: esMD provides an electronic audit trail proving documents were both sent and received
VYNE MEDICAL IS A CMS CERTIFIED HEALTH INFORMATION HANDLER (HIH)
Vyne Medical has built the CONNECT gateway and is the one of the largest CMS Certified Health Information Handlers (HIH).
The CONNECT Gateway is the National Health Information Network (NHIN) transmission mode for the electronic submission of medical documentation. The HIH gives providers an on-ramp to facilitate electronic submissions to CMS and participating Review Contractors.
By partnering with Vyne Medical as your CMS Certified HIH you can streamline your audit process, reduce administrative time and costs and ensure more timely, more secure audit submissions.
Receive and respond to supporting documentation requests electronically
The FastAttach software makes it easy for providers to support coding, medical necessity and coverage issues on claims by:
- Enabling medical necessity and level of care patient reviews
- Receiving and responding to supporting documentation requests electronically
- Allowing electronic review and monitoring of medical documents
Thanks to an extensive network featuring fully electronic connectivity to health plans, FastAttach facilitates more than one million exchange transactions per month. Our CONNECT gateway – the National Health Information Network’s (NwHIN) approved transmission mode for esMD – gives providers a method to respond quickly and securely to time-sensitive documentation requests and recovery audit reviews.
How it works…
ADR and Audit responses can be submitted in as few as four steps:
- Search for or enter a patient name
- Upload requested medical documentation
- Enter the Claim Number and Audit Case Number
- Transmit the file electronically
Once submitted the provider receives a transmittal report confirming that your documents have been received and successfully transmitted to the designated Review Contractor.