Patient Access Transformation at Mercy Medical Center
Patient Access at Mercy Medical transformed a struggling unit to a robust call center that schedules both hospital services and physician office appointments. Mercy had been drowning in paper, losing orders and receiving frequent complaints. Transformations – including a digital workflow for orders and QA process for calls – improved outcomes so significantly that Patient Access was selected to add therapy and physician office scheduling to its services. This session reviews the steps and outcomes achieved. Viewers “walk through” a patient encounter with Mercy Medical, beginning with scheduling/pre-registration, and following up to the point of service. You’ll also observe the workflows and QA processes that take place behind the scenes to ensure these touch-points are smooth, efficient and incident-free.
- Discuss digital workflow for physician orders that eliminates lost orders and gives clinical areas a “window” into Central Scheduling
- Evaluate quality review of scheduling and pre-registration calls conducted to improve customer service and issue resolution
- Describe processes, technology and structure of Patient Access call center that performs hospital, therapy and physician office scheduling
- Assess outcomes in patient and provider satisfaction, which improves upfront collections and reduced delays and cancellation
- Tamara Arney, Patient Access Director, Mercy Medical Center (Canton, OH)
- Peter Van Frayen, Senior Director, National Sales, Vyne Medical