Standardizing Best Practices for an Integrated Consumer Experience
In this webinar, Texas Health Resources presents the system’s multi-phase plan to standardize patient financial communications alongside its systemwide implementation of a new EHR. The presentation shares tools and processes put in place prior to, during and after roll-out to ensure consistency across departments and facilities. Unique information will include research conducted by THR’s Integrated Experience department to tie patient financial communications to the system’s overall consumer experience improvement strategy. Viewers will learn about metrics used to gauge project success and its impact on patient experience, financial integrity and operational efficiency. Initial efforts have resulted in an improvement in Press Ganey registration scores, from the 40th percentile to the 86th percentile, and a $7 million increase in upfront collections.
- Discuss strategies to standardize best practices in patient financial communications for a consistent consumer experience.
- List points of integration allowing enterprise access to patient financial data and visibility across the revenue cycle.
- Evaluate tools and processes to ensure standardization during a new system implementation.
- Consider research-based metrics and tools to measure staff performance in patient financial communications.
- Scott Phillips, CHAM Senior Director of Patient Access, Texas Health Resources