Transforming Healthcare Operations Through Automation
Inadequate utilization of automation directly linked to ongoing staffing challenges and burnout
The delivery of high-value healthcare that prioritizes the patient experience is more critical than ever as active patient choices are estimated to directly impact 60% of healthcare spending, as reported by the Harvard Business Review.
Additionally, a recent study discovered that 87% of executives faced administrative staffing challenges in the last 12 months. Many providers expressed that these staffing shortages have adversely impacted the patient experience within their organization. The same study further revealed that inadequate utilization of automation technology and increasing patient expectations in healthcare systems are directly linked to ongoing staffing challenges and burnout. This correlation emphasizes that physicians and staff are becoming increasingly frustrated when they have to spend more time on administrative tasks instead of providing medical care to their patients. In cases where healthcare systems fail to automate the patient experience, patient frustration levels tend to be elevated, leading to lower satisfaction with the services provided. This increases the risk of patients venting their frustrations on doctors and hospital staff, which further contributes to staff burnout.
By leveraging automation, healthcare systems can offer highly engaged, integrated, and anticipatory care for patients. This approach can result in an improved patient experience and lead to better financial outcomes for healthcare providers.
How does automation provide a better patient experience?
Creates a seamless experience for patients before, during, and after their hospital visit
- Implementing automation throughout the patient journey, from pre-registration to discharge, promotes cohesion among different departments and streamlines the paperwork that patients must complete. By automating the patient experience on the front end, healthcare providers increase patient satisfaction and reduce the likelihood of patients becoming disgruntled with their care.
Reduces hospital visits with faster information processing
- The implementation of platform-driven automated processes for care management could help healthcare systems streamline patient care at home, enable stakeholders to proactively manage patient health, and reduce turnaround time for lab results. These improvements help lead to better health outcomes and a higher quality of overall care.
Customizes outreach to create precise care that furthers patient loyalty
- By utilizing the data available in a healthcare system, automation can generate personalized care plans that cater to the unique needs of each individual, resulting in an improved overall experience that enhances patient retention and loyalty.
Integrating advanced technologies helps healthcare keep up with patients’ evolving needs
As patients’ lives and their reliance on technology continue to evolve, the healthcare industry bears the responsibility of keeping up with this trend by integrating advanced technologies into their practices.
Automation presents numerous possibilities for the healthcare industry and solutions like Vyne MedicalⓇ’s TraceⓇ platform, can give providers the power to maximize staff utilization by harnessing automation to:
- Auto-index incoming documents
- Create touch-less fax workflows
- Integrate with EMRs or third party systems
- Email notifications
Want to learn more about Vyne Medical? With the power to enhance accuracy and the patient experience, our automation tools help healthcare systems effortlessly capture and categorize forms, then route them to the right work queue. Visit https://vynemedical.com/ and discover how automation can revolutionize your healthcare operations today.
Jeff Gartland, Relatient. “Three Ways to Use Automation to Deliver Better Patient Experiences in 2023.” Becker’s Hospital Review, https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/patient-experience/three-ways-to-use-automation-to-deliver-better-patient-experiences-in-2023.html.
“Why Improving the Patient Experience Is Vital for the Health Care Industry and How to Do It – Sponsor Content from Siemens Healthineers.” Harvard Business Review, 9 Jan. 2019, https://hbr.org/sponsored/2019/01/why-improving-the-patient-experience-is-vital-for-the-health-care-industry-and-how-to-do-it.