CMS esMD Program: Exploring the Benefits and Process of Electronic Submission of Medical Documentation to Medicare
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) and Vyne Medical® discuss the electronic submission of medical documentation (esMD) program for submitting documentation to Medicare Review Contractors, including RACs and MACs. Electronic submissions for Pre and Post-Payment Audit responses, claim ADRs and Appeals eliminate manual paper-based processes, eliminates lost submissions and improves reimbursement on Medicare claim ADRs.
CMS Director, Division of Compliance Projects and Demonstrations Joyce Ann Davis, MIST, COR III Lieutenant Commander, United States Public Health Service and Vyne Medical share details about the esMD program and how it can benefit your organization.
- Goals and timing of esMD
- Participation requirements, including obtaining a CONNECT-compatible gateway
- How providers sign up for esMD
- Working with Health Information Handlers (HIHs)
- How esMD works with electronic health record (EHR) systems
- Joyce Ann Davis, MIST, COR III Lieutenant Commander, United States Public Health Service, CMS Director, Division of Compliance Projects and Demonstrations
- Nicole Smith, Vice President Payer & Partner Services, Vyne